Friday, June 17, 2011

Without an audience you have nothing



Sweater: Walmart, Top: F21, Leggings: H &M, Sandals/Belt: Ardene
 It's been a rough last couple of days here in Vancouver as you may have heard by now. Very sad city after the Canucks lost. I'm not going to post any pictures of the mayhem that ensued immediately after the game. I'm still trying to understand how people can destruct our beautiful city to the degree they did and think it's ok. I was downtown when all this happened, but chose not to leave the apartment I was in and partake in the madness that was going on outside. I'm disappointed with anyone that did. Even if they were just watching. I'm sure if no one watched the criminals bust in store fronts and set cars on fire it wouldn't have been half as bad as it was.  
Without an audience you have nothing.
I come downtown to work everyday and since this happened, I love this city even more. I appreciate it more. I care for it more. People woke up at the crack of dawn and started to clean the mess that people left behind them...in Canucks shirts and jerseys. When I walked down Granville Street at noon yesterday, it was spotless, except for a few smashed in windows that needed to be fixed.The last picture is of Hudson's Bay Company (The Bay) boarded up (the riot demolished it). The next day people were writing messages on it of how they felt about what occurred the night before.
It'll take a while for this city to get over what happened, but in the true spirit of a Canucks fan, we had an amazing season!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I know what you mean. Vancouver is a beautiful city and it will be cleaner again :) However the final was, they ahd a great series.

    BTW you look great! love the shirt print :)

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in that outfit, I have similar sandals. I'm sure your city will be as beautiful as you soon.


    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all of Canada was so dissapointed with the riot...but LOVE what happened after...so glad there are so many people that love their city and country!

    I love the simplicity of this outfit...so cute! And I totally love your hair...I've never been crazy about the whole ombre trend, but it looks amazing on you!!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by friends!